Cross-border justice: for legal professionals
Agreements by the signatories
The three signatories agreed to do all of the following:
- provide an efficient and effective service, regardless of borders
- assist in addressing community safety issues by ensuring a responsive justice system
- take into account the difficult position of victims of crime
- provide a shared use of facilities
- facilitate expeditious resolution of prosecutions.
Parts of the agreement
Parts 4 and 5 state that parties agree to give effect to the model bill and regulations and to maintain uniformity of the core premises of the bill and regulations.
Part 6 covers the appointment of cross-border magistrates that requires the agreement of key stakeholders in the home jurisdiction of the magistrate.
Parts 8 and 9 relate to changes, termination and withdrawal from the agreement.
Part 10 says the parties agree to a review of the scheme no later than three years after the commencement of the first act enacted in accordance with Part 4.
Print all pages in this section
Last updated: 10 April 2019
Share this page: