- Review of Legislation and the Justice Responses to Domestic and Family Violence in the Northern Territory
The Department of the Attorney General and Justice is seeking submissions on the proposals outlined in this paper by 12 October 2022.
- Statutory review of the Health and Community Services Complaints Act 1998
This review will identify any amendments that need to be made to the Act.
- Consultation — Northern Territory Legislation for National Preventive Mechanism — Optional Protocol to the Convention Against Torture
The attached Bill deals with independent inspections by local bodies of Northern Territory places of detention.
- NT Law Reform Committee publications
Get reports published by the Northern Territory Law Reform Committee.
- Outcomes of consultation and reviews: reports
Read about the outcomes of recent consultation processes and reviews related to Northern Territory legislation and law reform.
- Historical law reform consultations
Past law reform consultations listed by year.
- Repeal of mandatory sentencing and reform of community based sentencing options
The NT Government is reforming mandatory sentencing and simplifying community-based sentencing orders based on the Northern Territory Law Reform Committee’s recommendations in Report No. 47 Mandatory Sentencing and Community-based Sentencing Options Final Report.
- Criminal Code Amendment (Age of Criminal responsibility) Bill 2022
The NT Government is raising the minimum age of criminal responsibility (MACR) from 10 to 12 years of age.
- Modernising the Anti-Discrimination Act 1992
Discrimination law is an evolving area and it is important for the Territory to keep up to date with today’s standards and expectations.
- Personal Liabilities (Liabilities and Damage) Act Amendments
Information about the Personal Injuries (Liabilities and Damages) Amendment Act 2022 (Amendment Act)
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (RCIRCSA)
Information on the Options Paper for the implementation in the Northern Territory of the civil litigation reforms.