Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
NT Law Reform Committee
The Northern Territory Law Reform Committee is a non-statutory committee established to advise the
Attorney-General on the reform of law in the Northern Territory (NT).
The committee includes the chair and 12 other members including:
- the Chief Judge
- the Ombudsman
- the Chief Executive Officer of the Law Society Northern Territory
- members of the legal profession
- academic staff of Charles Darwin University
- a representative from NT Police
- a member from an Aboriginal body.
The Committee considers matters referred to it from time to time by the Attorney-General.
The Legal Policy Division of the Department of the Attorney‑General and Justice provides executive and administrative support to the Committee.
NT Law Reform Committee published reports
Contact the NT Law Reform Committee
GPO Box 1535 Darwin NT
Phone: (08) 8935 7659
Fax: (08) 8935 7662
Last updated: 22 August 2016