Launch of the Department of the
Attorney-General and Justice Strategic Plan
The Chief Executive Officer of the Department of the Attorney-General and Justice, Ms Gemma Lake, launched the Department of the Attorney-General and Justice Strategic Plan 2021–2025.
In her communication to staff and stakeholders, Ms Lake said she was excited to be able to release the plan as ‘the Department has a large cohort of staff who are proud and passionate, working every day to be able to meet and deliver on the department’s vision of a safe, fair and just Territory for all.’
The plan focuses the department’s work to the following five strategic priority areas:
- Protecting Territorians: We protect and empower the vulnerable, keep the community safe, and support the Attorney-General to oversee the justice system administered with independence, integrity and fairness.
- Improving outcomes for Aboriginal people: Aboriginal Territorians are significantly over-represented as both victims, survivors and offenders in the justice system. We are committed to addressing over-representation and ensuring Aboriginal Territorians are actively engaged in the design and delivery of a culturally informed and safe justice system.
- Delivering client-centred services: People are at the centre of everything we do. Our services must be designed to meet the needs of diverse clients and communities. We will seek to continuously improve the experience of our clients across all our services.
- Investing in our people: We have a passionate and committed workforce. Our people are our greatest asset to achieve our objectives. We will attract, retain, develop and support a workforce which will help us serve the community.
- Working smarter: We are committed to working smarter and driving continuous improvement. This means embracing new ways of working and using data and systems more effectively to support our work.
It is envisaged that this plan will frame the work from the department across the whole continuum of the justice sector and position the department to work collaboratively with other NT Government agencies in a whole of government approach.
The full Strategic Plan 2021–2025 can be found on the department’s website: Other publications | Department of the Attorney-General and Justice