Nominate now for NT Human Rights Awards
The Northern Territory Human Rights Awards celebrate notable activities in the Northern Territory or by Territorians, which advance human rights.
The 2021 Awards will recognise both individuals and organisations in each of the award categories. Activities recognised by the awards include:
- Promoting human rights and peace through education, sports or other practical activities and or advocacy
- Promoting equal opportunity and non-discriminatory attitudes and practices
- Increasing community understanding of human rights for the promotion of greater respect, diversity, inclusion and harmony
- Challenging human rights barriers or breaches.
The Northern Territory Awards are being co-ordinated by a steering committee comprising members from
- the Anti-Discrimination Commission
- the Darwin Community Legal Service
- the Melaleuca Refugee Centre
- NT Council of Social Service
- the Rotary Club of Darwin South.
The judging panel of three comprises the Hon. Justice Jenny Blokland, Anti-Discrimination Commissioner Sally Sievers, and artist Chips Mackinolty.
The Fitzgeralds are sponsored by a number of organisations, as well as generous private donors who have contributed in honour and memory of their friend and colleague Tony Fitzgerald, the NT Anti-Discrimination Commissioner from 2002 until his death in February 2009.
Nominations close 4 pm Friday 5 November 2021.
Nomination forms availabe on the NT Human Rights Awards website.