Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Rules for visiting
Four people are allowed to visit at any one time, not including children under two.
All premises are smoke-free. Tobacco is considered contraband, and you will be banned if you smoke anywhere on the premises or if you are found with tobacco.
What you can wear
Your clothes must be clean and in good condition.
You must wear footwear, which can be:
- dress shoes.
You are not allowed to wear:
- Singlets (except for children under 12 years of age)
- clothes that have obscene or offensive words, pictures or diagrams
- gang colours or symbols
- tight or revealing clothing
- jewellery – only wedding bands and religious pendant necklaces are allowed.
If you don’t follow these rules you won’t be allowed in.
What time you should arrive
If you haven’t visited the centre before, you must arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
If you have been before, you must arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow time for security checks and drug screening.
If you fail to arrive on time you will not be able to visit.
You will have to either:
- wait for the next session
- or reschedule for another day.
What you can bring into the visit room
Lockers are available to store personal items such as keys and wallets.
You can bring:
- if you have a baby, you can bring all of the following:
- one nappy
- one clear baby bottle
- one unopened jar of baby food
- individual baby wipes
You cannot bring any of the following:
- paper work
- toys or games
- mobile phones
- electronic devices
- glass or ceramics
- aerosol cans.
If you are found with banned items you will be refused entry and possibly banned for a period of time. In serious cases the police may be called.
Last updated: 27 March 2018